MarShield now offers an excellent alternative to lead wool shielding blankets with our SILFLEX® product. SILFLEX® shielding blankets are fabricated from a proprietary blend of bismuth and iron powders optimized to provide equivalent attenuation to either a 10 lb/ft or 15 lb/ft lead wool products at approximately 50% of the weight. SILFLEX® lead replacement sheets are designed to provide a flexible and durable industrial grade product that will provide 20 years of service.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
• Highly resistant to exposure to Boric Acid and Sodium Hydroxide
• Excellent chemical resistance at elevated temperatures.
• 50% lighter and smaller for equivalent attenuation to lead wool blankets
• Highly resistant to physical abuse including puncture
• Material can be to size for unique applications
• Compatible with galvanized, carbon steel and stainless steel
• Does not settle or break and can be cleaned with wet wipes
• -50 to 250° C operating temperature
• Minimum combustible or exempt estimated heat content – 1364 Btu/lb
• Available with or without grommets
• Scaffold Shielding
• Platform Shielding
• Stackable Dose Reduction
• Large Area Hot Spots
• Temporary Work Stations
We recently submitted our Silflex Lead Blankets to a US Navy laboratory for independent testing of exposure to various levels of Caesium-137.
See more information on our Silflex Shielding Blankets here and feel free to contact our product engineering specialists at MarShield anytime for a consultation (800-381-5335).